Co-founder and fearless leader of the RMXTS team, Simon graduated with a super-useful Ivy-League degree in Biology from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. And, while the Ivy’s don’t exactly offer a Bachelors in cutting your teeth behind the DJ booth, the educational years he spent spinning house parties and serving as the Music Director at WQHS gave him his start to go on and play for clients like Bruno Mars, and some of the top clubs and lounges in Philadelphia and New York City.
An unapologetic lover of pop music, Taiga is known for his versatile mixes of hip hop, pop, rock, funk, soul, R&B, dance, electronic, and international music (K-Pop, Bollywood, Persian to name a few)— and everything in between—to create a signature flow for events that fuel even the most diverse of crowds. Plus, he’s known for his surprise moments hidden in each of his mixes. Baby Shark, anyone? (He’s done it. People loved it. True story.)
Simon is a California native, and now lives in Bucks County, PA. His favorite things include Costco on Tuesdays, brides who request Biggie & Tupac, his wife, Monica, and their two kids, Miles & Harper.
– Self proclaimed foodie (Favorites include grilled meats and bougie vegetables … and Chipotle.)
– Never seen Jurassic Park or Twister … on principle. (Don’t ask what that principle is.)
– Would still be wearing Roc-a-wear sweatsuits and throwback jerseys from the 2000s if not for his (saintly) wife.
– Will wear a bow tie to your wedding
– Can turn anything into a song or rap … mostly to entertain his kids. #dadskills
– Featured by the New York Post, Martha Stewart Weddings, Billboard.com, and most recently Real Simple Magazine
– VIP DJ for Bruno Mars’ 24K Magic World Tour concerts in the Northeast
– Official DJ for Democratic National Convention Afterparty 2016
Go to “Oh Sh*t!” Song: “BIG PIMPIN” by JAY-Z
Simon is an elite NYC wedding DJ who is known for his dynamic wedding mixes. With recognition from Martha Stewart Weddings, Billboard, and the New York Post, Simon is among the most sought after DJs in the tri-state area. His creative take on wedding music is unique and most importantly fun! If you want a down to earth DJ who can rock a dance floor all night long, Simon is the one.